Official GeoTour of Fargo- Moorhead
Looking for something fun to do while visiting the area? Maybe a little adventurous? Explore the community like never before through the official GeoTour of Fargo, Moorhead, and West Fargo.
The First in Two States!
The Fargo-Moorhead GeoTour is the first in both North Dakota AND Minnesota (3 cities, 2 states, 1 awesome community) and is designed for geocachers of all experience levels. The caches have been created and hidden throughout the cities by a passionate and avid geocacher
Fargo-Moorhead GeoTour Passport
Stop in at the Visitors Center and grab a passport or simply download one right here and get going on the hunt for geocache treasures! Find all the caches and turn in your passport to receive the Fargo-Moorhead geocoin.
“What’s an Adventure lab” you ask? Geocaching Adventure Lab expands the boundaries of traditional geocaching into new spaces and experiences while introducing innovative and fresh ideas that make geocaching even more fun! Unlike traditional geocaching, Adventures do not require a physical container and can be located indoors. Learn more about Adventure Labs by clicking here!
Adventure Labs in Fargo-Moorhead
* A Tour of Moorhead Parks and Recreation – launched July 1, 2020 (10 locations, requires some driving)
* Red River at M.B. Johnson Park – launched July 21, 2020 (10 walkable locations)
* On Firm Foundation Grounded: A Tour of Concordia
* Downtown Fargo Art (North) – launched August 15, 2020 (10 walkable locations)
* Downtown Fargo Art (South) – launched August 15, 2020 (10 walkable locations)
* Moorhead: Past, Present, and Future (buildings) – Launched September 10, 2020 (10 walkable locations)
What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is essentially a real-life treasure hunt that uses GPS enabled devices. Using the geocaching app, participants navigate to set GPS coordinates to track down a geocache (container) hidden at that location.
Rules of geocaching:
1). If you take something from a cache, leave something of equal or greater value.
2). Write about your find in the cache logbook.
3). Log your experience at geocaching.com
For more guidance on how to geocache, check out www.geocaching.com/guide