If you’re new to the Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo area, you may want to check out the Area Map, Visitors Guide, and Dining Guide. Those that have been to the area before, but not for a few months or years, may be interested in recently-opened restaurants, attractions, hotels, etc. This blog post has information on what’s new in the area.
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR TOURNAMENT-GOERS
Some area businesses are offering specials to tournament fans. Show your game ticket and get the following specials:
- ARBY’S: One free classic roast beef with purchase of classic roast beef
- BEANS COFFEE BAR: Show your ticket and get 10% off
- FIREHOUSE SUBS: FREE drink & chips with purchase of a sub
- EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS: $5 off when you show your ticket
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S: Show your ticket at any of the 4 Erbert’s & Gerbert’s locations and receive $1 off your puchase–in-store only.
- EYESITE ON 43rd: 20% off sunglasses (some exclusions apply)
- HOWARD JOHNSON WEST FARGO: 10% discount if you reserve your room by calling hotel directly (701.282.0000)
- KARL’S TV AND APPLIANCE: 25% off regular price clothing and work boots
- MARCUS THEATRE WEST ACRES: 1 FREE complementary size popcorn per ticket
- MRS. FIELD’S COOKIES: 99 cent ANY SIZE soda with purchase
- SKATELAND: Buy 1 admission, get 1 FREE admission
- SPACE ALIENS: $2 off an adult entree with ticket. Limit 1 entree per ticket.
- TRADE SECRET: 20% off any one product
- WIMMER’S DIAMONDS: 10% off any shimmering diamond; free jewelry cleaner with any purchase; complementary jewelry check and clean
FAN PREGAME GATHERINGS
- North Dakota
- North Dakota Champions Club is hosting an official UND pregame party at Fargo Billiards & Gastropub. The pregame party starts three hours prior to any game in which UND is participating.
- St. Cloud State
Parking at Scheels Arena is limited and fans are encouraged to consider alternate parking options. A shuttle service will run between Fargo Billiards & Gastropub, Anderson Softball Complex, Bulldog Tap and Scheels Arena.
There are several options for food & drink near the Scheels Arena including Mexican Village, JL Beers (32nd Ave S location), Famous Dave’s, Bulldog Tap, Fargo Billiards & Gastropub, Hennessy’s Irish Pub, Old Chicago, Peoples Organic, Smiling Moose Deli, Izumi Sushi & Hibachi, Beans Coffee Bar, Firehouse Subs, Applebees, and Pizza Ranch.
DINING, SHOPPING, ETC.
Planning to do some shopping if you have some downtime? West Acres has a more than 120 stores to browse through. The shopping center is also home to the Roger Maris Museum, so if you’re interested in baseball, be sure to take a few minutes and check that out!
Another store that you can spend a significant amount of time in is Scheels–it even has a Ferris wheel inside! Also inside Scheels is Gramma Ginna’s Restaurant & Fudge Shop, serving gourmet soups, sandwiches, Gelato, and over 24 flavors of homemade fudge. You’ll find a nostalgic shooting gallery in the store too.
At the heart of the Fargo-Moorhead area is Downtown Fargo, where you’ll find plenty of unique shopping and dining experiences.
If local beer is your thing, you may want to try a brew at one of Fargo-Moorhead’s breweries, all of which are located in, or near, the downtown area.
For more information on the Fargo-Moorhead area, stop by the F-M Visitors Center, located at 2001 44th St S in Fargo. Our travel ambassadors will be happy to answer any questions or give suggestions for things to do while you’re in the area. Our visitors center is also home to the Celebrity Walk of Fame and The Woodchipper from the movie FARGO!