Like many others, once the ESPN College GameDay crew got a taste of Fargo, they had to come back for more. 🙂 Our city was absolutely thrilled to have them last year, and this year is no different. The Fargo-Moorhead area is determined to make this year bigger and better than last year.
Here’s some information regarding this year’s GameDay event:
If you plan to be in the downtown area today or tomorrow, please be aware of these road closures:
- 2nd Ave N will be closed from the west side of Broadway to 5th St N
- No parking signs will be posted which will prohibit parking on Friday evening on 4th Ave N between Roberts St N and 5th St N, and on Broadway from 4th Ave N to the railroad tracks (5th Ave N).
- 4th Ave N will be closed from Roberts St N to 5th St N, and Broadway will be closed in the 400 Block (4th Ave N to the railroad tracks). These roads will remain closed until the conclusion of the Saturday event.
In an effort to ease congestion in downtown Fargo during the ESPN College GameDay event on Saturday, Sept. 13, free shuttles and MATBUS service will be offered to fans. Event goers are encouraged to use these free services.
Shuttle service to and from the downtown GameDay event site will run continuously from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Shuttle sites will be as follows:
- South end of the R parking lot at 15th Avenue North and Albrecht Boulevard on the NDSU campus.
- East side of the T parking lot between 11th and 12th Avenues North. Fans wishing to only attend the downtown ESPN College GameDay set are encouraged to use this shuttle location.
MATBUS Fare-Free Saturday
MATBUS will offer Fare-Free Saturday on Sept. 13 allowing residents to ride any MATBUS fixed route bus to and from downtown Fargo at no charge.
If you plan to drive downtown, free parking is available in city owned lots. Here is a map of available lots in the downtown area.
SPECIAL HOURS/OFFERS AT DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES
Several businesses in Downtown Fargo are opening early on Saturday to accommodate the fans gathering to be a part of the event. Here’s a list of restaurant opening times provided by the Downtown Community Partnership. This Fargo Forum article also has some helpful information regarding the specials downtown businesses are offering. A few more restaurants and businesses that have special hours and/or offers include:
- Open at 7am; free hot apple cider and lots of awesome Bison stuff in the store
- Vinyl Taco
- Open at 9am; Chorizo & Egg Tacos (until 10am), full menu at 10am, $2 PBR pounders (until gone), $3 mimosas (until gone)
- Wurst Bier Hall
- Open at 8am
Hope you can join the festivities in Downtown Fargo, or watch on ESPN! GO BISON! 😀