- This event has passed.
Greater Moorhead Days
Celebrate our amazing community with Greater Moorhead Days! Enjoy a variety of fun and exciting events for all ages.
Events will be taking place September 9-18 all around Moorhead, MN
Thursday, Sept. 9
- Picnic in the Park | Gooseberry Park | 4-8 p.m.
- An all-inclusive family fun day will kick off Greater Moorhead Days at Gooseberry Park! Inflatable games, face painting, a silent auction, and more.
Friday, Sept. 10
- Greater Moorhead Days Parade | Parade Route: Center Ave- West Bound between 11th St and 4th St | 6 p.m.
- HCSCC Exhibit Opening- Ihdago Manipi: Clay County at 150 | Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County Museum
- HCSCC’s new sesquicentennial exhibition explores the dramatic transformation that occurred 150 years ago in Clay County, Minnesota — including the dispossession of the indigenous Dakota, Ojibwe, and Métis people, the arrival of immigrant families, an ecological revolution, and the formation of our modern towns.
Saturday, September 11
- HALF-OFF Canoe and Kayak Rentals | Hjemkomst Landing | 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Swing by and rent one of our single or tandem kayaks, or a canoe for just $5/hour per vessel. All rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis. Rentals include paddles and a life jacket that must be worn at all times.
Sunday, September 12
- Urban Wilderness River Paddling Excursion | River Oaks Park to Midtown Dam (about 6 miles) | 1:00-4:00 pm
- The Murie brothers were two of the most important naturalist and conservationists in American history. They learned to love nature growing up in Moorhead in the 1900s. Retrace their canoe route and learn about how these Moorhead kids helped keep Americans wild!
- FMCT Education Fair | Viking Ship Park | 1:00-5:00 pm
- Learn about the Fargo/Moorhead Community Theatre (FMCT) at their Education Fair! Food trucks, inflatable games, music, and information about upcoming FMCT Education courses taking place.
Monday, September 13
- Medallion Hunt | Begins Monday, September 13, at 8:00 am
- Three medallions will be hidden within Moorhead city limits, on public land. Follow the clues for fantastic prizes, including a $500 cash prize, and a grand prize of $1,000 in gift cards from Hornbacher’s! Clues will be posted each morning to our Medallion Hunt Clues page and announced daily on Big 98.7, Bob 95FM, and 107.9 the Fox at 8 am.
- Ice Cream Storytime | The Freez | 6:30 pm
- Join the LARL Book Truck and the Moorhead Public Library at The Freez for an ice cream-themed Storytime and library visit!
Tuesday, September 14
- Midco Kids Fest | Bluestem Center for the Arts | 5:00-7:00 pm
- Free family fun with inflatable games, interactive booths, kite flying, music, carriage rides, a petting zoo, and so much more! Concessions are available for purchase.
- Moorhead Farmers Market | Moorhead Ace | 3:00-6:00 pm
- Find plenty of fresh, local produce, flowers, jams, jellies, baked goods, honey, pet items, and so much more at the Moorhead Farmers Market
Wednesday, September 15
- On-the-Water Cleanup | Hjemkomst Landing | 5:30-7:00 pm
- Join River Keepers as we Clean the Red!
Thursday, September 16
- Stonemill Park Carnival | Trails at Stonemill Park | 5:30-7:00 pm
- South Moorhead has a hidden gem that we want you to check out! Bring your family and friends out for a magic show, yard games, relay races, food, and so much more! Admission is free!
Saturday, September 18
- Red River Run 5K or 15K | Moorhead Center Mall | 7:30 am
- Join us for the 48th annual LAP Red River Run, hosted by the Lake Agassiz Pacers! This walk/run has been hitting the streets & paths of Fargo-Moorhead longer than any race in the area.
- Bridge Bash | Viking Ship Park | 1:00-4:00 pm
- Welcome Students and Do More in Moorhead! Bridge Bash is a college event to welcome students to Moorhead. The event will feature live music, food trucks, hands-on activities and games, booths from area businesses, services, and more!