- This event has passed.
Greater Moorhead Days
Celebrate our amazing community with Greater Moorhead Days! Enjoy a variety of fun and exciting events for all ages.
Events will be taking place September 8-17 all around Moorhead, MN
Thursday, September 8
- All-Inclusive Family Fun Day | Gooseberry Park | 4–7 pm.
- An all-inclusive family fun day will kick off Greater Moorhead Days at Gooseberry Park! Inflatable games, crafts, yard games and more.
Friday, September 9
- Greater Moorhead Days Parade | Parade Route: Northbound on 20th St from 28th Ave S to 14th Ave S | 6 pm.
Saturday, September 10
- HALF-OFF Canoe and Kayak Rentals | Hjemkomst Landing | 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Swing by and rent one of our single or tandem kayaks, or a canoe for just $5/hour per vessel. All rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis. Rentals include paddles and a life jacket that must be worn at all times.
- FM Kicks Band Concert| Memorial Park | 3–4:30 pm
- This free concert will showcase talented musicians spanning the genres of jazz, funk, blues, and Latin. Games and crafts will be available for kids.
Sunday, September 11
- Urban Wilderness River Paddling Excursion | Dike East Park| 12:00–4:00 pm
- The Murie brothers were two of the most important naturalist and conservationists in American history. They learned to love nature growing up in Moorhead in the 1900s. Retrace their canoe route and learn about how these Moorhead kids helped keep Americans wild!
Monday, September 12
- Medallion Hunt | Begins Monday, September 12, at 8:00 am
- Four medallions will be hidden within Moorhead city limits, on public land. Clues will be announced daily on Big 98.7, Bob 95FM, and 107.9 The Fox. Follow the clues for fantastic prizes including a grand prize of $1,000 in gift cards from Hornbacher’s! Clue boards will be updated daily at greatermoorheaddays.com.
- Midco Kids Fest | Bluestem Center for the Arts | 4:30–7:00 pm
- Free family fun with inflatable games, interactive booths, kite flying, music, carriage rides, a petting zoo, and so much more! Concessions are available for purchase.
Tuesday, September 13
- Moorhead Farmers Market | Hjemkomst Center Parking Lot | 3:00–7:00 pm
- Find plenty of fresh, local produce, flowers, jams, jellies, baked goods, honey, pet items, and so much more at the Moorhead Farmers Market.
Thursday, September 15
- Trails Stonemill Park Carnival | Trails at Stonemill Park | 5:00–7:00 pm
- South Moorhead has a hidden gem that we want you to check out! Bring your family and friends out for a magic show, yard games, relay races, food, and so much more! Admission is free!
Saturday, September 17
- Red River Run 5K or 15K | MB Johnson Park | 9 am
- Join us for the 48th Annual Red River Run, hosted by the Lake Agassiz Pacers! This walk/run has been hitting the streets and paths of Fargo-Moorhead longer than any race in the area.
- Bridge Bash: Welcome Students – Do More in Moorhead! | Viking Ship Park | 1:00–4:00 pm
- Welcome college students to Moorhead. Enjoy live music, food trucks, activities, free canoe and kayak rental at Hjemkomst Landing, and local businesses sharing what they offer to students!