- This event has passed.
Drive-thru Food Truck Festival
The producer of the state’s first-ever food truck festival is back at the drawing board to create another event that he claims is #NDsmart. It might be the first of it’s kind in America. The Fargo Drive-Thru Only Food Truck Festival will take place on June 12th-14th at the North Dakota Horse Park. Event promoter, Mike Schmitz felt a safe, fun, community event was a great way for him to thank Fargo Foodies for supporting his annual food truck festival. This one of a kind event will promote local individuals and food vendors while giving them a chance to generate revenue after some pretty financially dark months. “It’s going to take some new logistics and creativity to provide an event where everyone feels safe, we know that,” Schmitz said. He added, “Our food truck festival has always been about innovation and evolving, so we’re confident that all the connections will prosper with this unique format.”
Some of those innovation and safety aspects will include:
- Nobody will be allowed to leave their vehicle.
- Menus will be all-digital, downloadable to your phone from Facebook or the event’s website.
- One transaction for the patron’s entire order (whether your order is from one or all our vendors).
- Assigned carhops will take your order while another dedicated team member will deliver to your vehicle through designated order and delivery zones.
- Credit card or exact money accepted only; no change will be given!
- Free admission complements of our event partners.
- Staff and event vendors will be responsible for wearing gloves, masks, and disinfecting anything with common touchpoints. Proof Artisan Distillers is providing hand sanitizer for the event’s staff, and also making it available for sale during the event. A portion of those sales will be donated to a Fargo based campaign to support local restaurants and healthcare workers.
- Carhops and delivery teams will be local service industry professionals who have not been able to consistently work during the pandemic.
- Plan for a shorter roster (for obvious reasons) of 8 vendors.
More vendor details, menus and event guidelines will be released through the event’s website: 701foodtrucks.com and Facebook page: www.facebook.com/FargoFoodTruckFestival
“Everyone these days is sacrificing and being creative to make things seem a little bit more normal. We think this is us doing our part, and this will offer a little taste of our full-sized Festival, Aug. 14th-16th.” Says Schmitz