- This event has passed.
Cultivate Downtown: Speaker Series
Join the Downtown Community Partnership (DCP) and learn the basics of small business accounting with Melissa Miranda, the founder of Step by Step Accounting. Melissa is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), business owner and speaker. Her career has enabled her to work with and teach dozens of small business owners from a wide variety of industries including retail, professional services, real estate, contractors, and non-profits. She is passionate about serving as a coach to guide businesses to financial success and shares the lessons she has learned on creating peace of mind for entrepreneurs.
In this session you will learn about six fundamental accounting topics including:
– Setting up your business bank accounts
– Monitoring your cash levels to avoid shortfalls
– Paying yourself correctly as a business owner
– Using technology to your advantage to save time and improve accuracy
– Knowing your numbers – the 3 main financial statements you should absolutely know how to read
– Choosing the right legal entity for your needs
7:30 am – 8:30 am – Speaker Presents
8:30 am – 9:00 am – Q&A
Every attendee will receive a $10 Downtown Fargo Gift Card! Use it to grab a coffee on your way to the session!