5 reasons to attend Alley Fair in Downtown Fargo
The second Alley Fair is taking place in downtown Fargo this Saturday, September 14th. The people behind this event spend days transforming the alley ways of downtown Fargo with lights, vegetation, art, music and food. These forgotten spaces are more than just a route for delivery drivers, a place to toss your cigarette butt or the backdrop for senior pictures. Alley Fair hopes to evoke a connection between people and the underutilized public gathering space of our downtown alley ways. Alley Fair is unique, trendy and totally urban. If that is not enough for you to check out this event here are 5 more reason to make it to Alley Fair this weekend.
1) You can’t call an event a fair without food. There is everything from taco trucks, to homemade ice cream treats. Enjoy good eats from Mezzaluna, Monte’s, Taco Bros, Truck Woodfired Pizza, Gigi’s Ice Lollies, and Bakeology. No deep-fried-on-a-stick stomachs ache with this stellar line up!
2) There is a Harvest Market. Fall reminds me of carving pumpkins and baking all things apple. Use the freshest ingredients and stock up on fall produce from local growers.
3) There is going to be Dumpster Painting. No really, people will be painting dumpsters. How cool is that?
4) The Maker’s Market is like Pinterest in real life. You know how you spent hours pinning really great DIY projects for crafty inspiration and you will never actually make any of it? Yea, me too. But that’s ok because someone did make that super crafty thing, just for you. But in all seriousness there is some really cool stuff like ties made from old shirts, home-made soaps, earrings made out of concrete.
5) Lastly, go to Alley Fair, grab a cupcake, enjoy the art and then stop what you are doing. Look around you and remember where you are. It doesn’t matter if you live downtown or can count on one hand the number of times you have made it there in the past year. There is something fantastically magical about the way this event has transformed the space you are in. It’s events like this that put a smile on my face and a skip in my step. And one more reason I’m proud to call this place my home.
When: Saturday, September 14th, 2013
Where: Enter the alley between Broadway and Roberts St from 4th Ave N
Time: 11am to 7pm
Alley Fair 18+ Evening Concert
Who: Heart & Soul