During this uncertain time, we are actively looking for ways we can support our industry partners. We’ve compiled local Covid-19 updates and resources on our site.
Information and updates are coming out rapidly. Below are local and industry-specific sites with the most accurate information:
Industry Resources on Covid-19:
ND Hospitality Economic Resiliency Grant (HERG) – Applications closed.
“The North Dakota Department of Commerce’s Hospitality Economic Resiliency Grant (HERG) has been created to cover basic operational costs for businesses in the hospitality sector that were closed on March 13, 2020, as a result of Executive Order 2020-06.
This includes restaurants, bars, breweries, cafes, and similar on-site dining establishments. Eligible entities will also include theaters, music and entertainment venues, as well as professional production companies that support major venues, meetings, and events.”
The maximum amount that can be requested for a single entity is $25,000, $75,000 for an entity with multiple locations.
ND Economic Resiliency Grant (ERG) – Applications have closed.
The North Dakota Department of Commerce’s Economic Resiliency Grant (ERG) Program was approved to assist businesses with COVID-19 response and recovery efforts.
The Budget Section approved $69 million for the ERG Program, which is geared to enhance revenue in both the immediate and long-term future by growing consumer confidence. To achieve this, applicants may qualify to receive grant funding of up $50,000 for investments that will encourage customers to get back into the marketplace by ensuring businesses are equipped to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
The maximum amount that can be requested is $50,000 for one physical location or $100,000 for businesses with more than one location.
Tourism and Hospitality
U.S. Travel Association
World Tourism Organization
Adara Travel Trends Tracker
CDC Resources for Business and Employers
CDC Travel Information
Sports & Mass Gatherings
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Situation Summary and Considerations for Youth Sports
• World Health Organization Mass Gatherings and Risk Assessment Tool
• ND Smart Restart Guidelines for Mass Gatherings and Banquets, Ballrooms, Wedding and Event Venues
• MN Governor Executive Order 20-103, MN DNR COVID-19 Outdoor Recreation, Facilities and Public Guidelines and MN Stay Safe Plan Phase Breakout
• US Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) Coronavirus Updates
• National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) Reopening Guide
• National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) Path to Recovery
• NCAA under COVID-19 Resources
• Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide
• Aspen Institute under Health and Sport
• Sports and Events Tourism Association (SportsETA) under COVID-19 Resources
• United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) Return to Play Guidelines
• Hotels: Refer to their Websites or Call Us at the CVB (701) 282-3653
State & Local Resources for Covid-19
Minnesota Department of Health
North Dakota Department of Health
NDresponse Resources & Smart Restart
North Dakota Office of the Governor
Minnesota Office of the Governor
Sanford Health News
Business & Employer Resources
Small Business Administration – Small business guidance and loans
US Department of Labor
North Dakota Business and Employers
Minnesota Business and Employers
Minnesota – COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits
North Dakota – Unemployment Insurance FAQs
We will continue to compile the most up-to-date information for partners and followers. This will be a very difficult time for the travel and service industries nationwide. We are working on creating and sharing content to help with this as much as possible. Takeout dining and delivery, purchasing gift-cards, and pre-planning travel to the F-M area are a few things that we’re actively working to encourage.
We are asking partners to share any concerns they may have as well as any promotional and pre-planning efforts so that we may continue to do our part to be an advocate and voice for the tourism industry of FMWF. Below are direct links to each of our social channels as well as points of contact for all CVB departments. We’re all in this together, please know that we’re here to be as much of a resource as possible during these challenging times.
Facebook- Visit Fargo-Moorhead
Facebook – Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Facebook – Eat in Fargo-Moorhead
Linkedin – Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
FMCVB Points of Contact:
Charley Johnson, President/CEO
Dannielle Melquist, Director of Marketing
Mallari Ackerman, Director of Sales (Meetings & Conventions)
Kali Mork, Director of Sports