Last updated June 3, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m.
The Coronavirus pandemic is a quickly evolving situation and the best resource for the most up-to date information is the CDC website. The CDC is recommending older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions should consider postponing non-essential travel. For more information about traveling within the U.S., click here.
There are 1212 programs serving people in Fargo, ND to help with housing, food, and utilities. For more information on what’s available, visit findhelp.org
We’ve compiled information and resources specific to the tourism and hospitality for our industry partners. Follow this link for more information.
Minnesota and North Dakota Travel Orders:
Follow these links for information on travel to North Dakota and to Minnesota.
All businesses are currently allowed to open on the North Dakota side of the border as long as certain criteria have been met. This includes dine-in services at bars and restaurants, retail establishments, fitness centers, salons, tattoo parlors, etc.
Businesses may not exceed 75% capacity and must take measures to ensure social distancing can be accommodated. For more information on protocols and industry specific standards for the state of North Dakota, click here.
Retail, malls, and other businesses that sell, rent, maintain and repair goods can be opening as of May 18th. This does NOT include salons, tattoo parlors, spas, or any other businesses that requires prolonged close physical contact between people. Bars and restaurants are able to offer dine-in services on their patios only. Many establishments still offer curbside or outdoor pickup or delivery of retail goods.
For more information and or guidance for businesses reopening in Minnesota, click here.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
Several ND bars and restaurants have started welcoming customers back with limited seating and/or reservation only policies. MN is strictly takeout and delivery.
To view current offerings for takeout and delivery options for Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo locally owned restaurants, click below!
HEALTHCARE & ESSENTIAL WORKERS HOTEL RATES
Several hotels in Fargo, Moorhead, and West Fargo are offering discounted rates to individuals working within healthcare and other essential businesses. Please be aware that these participating properties are not able to accommodate guests who have tested positive for COVID-19. See below for participating hotels and rates.
EVENT & ATTRACTION UPDATES
The CDC has recommended cancelling or postponing all gathering of groups 10 or larger. Below is a list of closures, postponements, and cancellations.
The following Attractions Have Been Closed
* Hjemkomst Center
* Plains Art Museum
* The Fargo Visitors Center
* The Fargo Theatre
* The Rourke Art Museum
* Fargo, Moorhead, and West Fargo Movie Theaters
* Fargo Pinball
* MYHA and Hope Inc. Sled Hockey Tournament
* ND State USA Gymnastics Meet
* Volt Volleyball Tournament
* North Dakota Council of Teachers of Mathematics
* Fargo Film Festival
* PRCA Championship Rodeo
* Celtic Festival
* Woodlands & High Plains Powwow
* 2020 Surface Water Treatment Workshop
* St Patricks Day Parade
* ABLE Games
* 2020 Hands Across the Border
* High Plains Powwow
* American Traffic Safety Services Association Northland Chapter How-To
* dCON Gamefest
* 2020 NL Pulse Leadership Conference
* ND Family Based Services Association Conference
* Blue Goose International Conference
* USHSL (Fargo Force) has suspended their season
* Fargo-Moorhead Derby Girls season opener
* ND Petroleum Council 2020 Annual Meeting
* Land O’Lakes Divisions Convention & Prelim Contest
* Mountain Plains Regional Housing Summit 2020
* 2020 ND Society of Professional Engineers Annual Conference
* 2020 PIA of ND Annual Convention
* Red River Valley Fair
* ND Senior Games
* Fargo Marathon – August 29, 2020
* MYHA MN Dak Challenge – TBD
* The Moorhead Ice Show – TBD
* Pianist Phillippe Bianconi – TBD
* New Direction Fest 9 – TBD
* The Red River Theatre Organ Society presents “The Evolution of Movie Music” – TBD
* MercyMe 20/20 with Jeremy Camp – TBD
* National Guard 2020 Roughrider Conference – TBD
* Patterson Dental – Customer First – TBD
* ND Peace Officers Assn Drug Task Force – TBD
Travelers to Fargo-Moorhead and all destinations should continue to observe the health recommendations of national and local public health officials, if they plan to travel, when they travel, and when they are visiting any destination. If you decide to travel, be sure to practice all precautions given by the CDC to prevent getting and spreading COVID-19 . Travelers should know that the Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau is in close contact with regional public health officials and local partners, as well as with national travel associations; however, this is an evolving situation. The following resource pages are the best methods to gather up to date information.
North Dakota Dept. of Public Health
Minnesota Department of Public Health
Cass County County Public Health
Clay County Public Health
North Dakota & Minnesota Announcements
North Dakota Department of Public Health
Approximate number of patients tested: 74,502
For information on the ND Smart Restart plan, daily press conferences, and press releases, visit NDresponse.gov
Minnesota Department of Public Health
Approximate number of patients tested: 265,718
For current information on Minnesota’s COVID-19 response and preparation plans, visit mn.gov/governor/covid-19