Hey there, neighbors to the North! We have missed seeing you around Fargo during the border closure, but, we’re happy to report that the Canadian borders will be opening for travelers to come back to North Dakota.
As of April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated travelers entering Canada by land, air, or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children 5 years of age or older must provide a valid pre-entry test result, even if they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
Unvaccinated travelers must provide proof of one of the following accepted types of test results:
– Professionally administered rapid antigen test no more than one day before your entry into Canada
– Proof of valid negative molecular test taken outside of Canada within 72 hours of your entry into Canada
– Previous positive molecular test result (with no current symptoms) taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before entry into Canada.
Testing locations & information
Offers PCR and Rapid testing offered on weekdays and weekends at 1714 Center Ave W, Dilworth, MN. Call (218) 287-5147 to make an appointment.
Documentation for border crossing is included. Depending on timing and exposure, a $139 fee may be charged.
*NOTE: appointments are required, sign up here. You must use a local address & zip code to register, you may use the hotel/Airbnb address.
VAULT Testing Site:
The former Thomas Edison Elementary School offers Saliva and Rapid testing at 1110 S 14th St, Moorhead, MN. The hours are Monday-Thursday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. & Sunday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Cost for out-of-state residents is $90.
Register for an appointment here: mncovidtestingappt.as.me, walk-ins are also available. More information can be found on the Clay County website, you may also call 1-800-800-5698 (dial 9 to speak to an agent).
Checklist for arrival to the Border
Have the following with you when you arrive at the border:
– Pre-entry test results (for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers)
– ArriveCAN receipt with the letter I or, V, or A beside the vaccinated traveler’s name
– Proof of vaccination that was uploaded into ArriveCAN (original or paper copy)
– Have a quarantine plan in case of positive results
– Travel document entered in ArriveCAN (e.g. passport)
– Air travelers: register in advance for arrival testing
Learn more about Getting Tested and what is required at the border on the travel.gc.ca site.
More COVID-19 Questions
For questions related to COVID-19, the North Dakota Department of Health hotline can be reached at 1.866.207.2880 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
What to expect when you arrive in Fargo-Moorhead
Check out our Coronavirus Resources page for information on what to expect while visiting Fargo-Moorhead during the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic.
While most places are open with limited precautions, private businesses are able to make their own recommendations and requirements for the safety of their employees. Please check with the businesses beforehand to follow their rules and regulations.
Deals and Discounts for Canadian Travelers
Canada Discounts on Hotels
Radisson Blu Canadian Visitors Rate
Other discounts for Canadian travelers
If you’re looking for deals and discounts during a trip to Fargo, ND to help spread your dollars a bit further, you’ve come to the right place! Many local attractions, hotels, and restaurants have coupons and discounts available. Check them out on our Deals & Discounts page.